July 16, 2015

Copenhagen Jazz Festival- Tony Bennett&Lady Gaga at Cheek to Cheek Tour

Hi!
The Cheek to Cheek Tour- one of the greatest jazz tour by Tony Bennett and Lady Gaga! I've been waiting for this day since February and the time ran pretty fast luckily. 
The 1st Act of the show
To Copenhagen I came at 10:30 am and then I went to the Tivoli (the amusement park with many attractions such as roller coaster, theater, concert hall and many more and it is also a venue for concerts at the Copenhagen Jazz Festival) which was opened at 11 am. Quickly I changed my ticket to the wristband which allowed me to go out of Tivoli and I went to the concert open air stage. The waiting time was 11 hours but it was worth it. Moreover, I have met many nice people. At that time the weather was so crazy. It was raining almost 3 hours and we have been wet more than 5 times! 
Tony&Gaga singing the first song "Anything Goes"
Gaga&Tony performing second song of the show "Cheek to Cheek"
Perfoming "But Beautiful"
Performing "Nature Boy"
The show started at 10 pm. Tony and Gaga were fantastic. They are one of the best duo I have ever seen! The atmosphere was wonderful and literally I felt like in heaven. It was fantastic to see smile at Tony's face like it was his first concert and to see my idol- Lady Gaga. They have sung 32 songs anyway. Tony and Gaga sang songs such as "Anything Goes", "Cheek to Cheek" or "The Lady Is a Tramp" also they sang singly several songs. Tony sang songs like "Stranger in Paradise", " Smile" or "Sing, You Sinners". Gaga sang songs like "Bang Bang (My Baby Shot Me Down)'', " Lush Life" and Edith Piaf's "La Vie en Rose".
Gaga singing "La Vie en Rose"
 After this great show which ended a few minutes before midnight we went to the hotel where Gaga was supposed to sleep with a hope to meet her. Hovewer, it did not happen. I have been waiting outside hotel for her for 2 hours but then I had to go home. To be honest I would like to go to this show again but I know that it will not anyway. The European leg of the tour has only 8 concerts. I have recorded some of the songs and you can watch them here.
Jacob

No comments:

Post a Comment